of about 30 m high keep rising at the highest point of the steep south flank of the rocky spur (measured in the dungeon: 551.45 m above sea level.). Its slightly trapezoidal rectangular floor plan measures at the foot 9.10x13.28 m. Barely visible to the naked eye, the tower tapers up to its eaves height on 8.54x12.80 m.
be at its outer walls are four different zones:
first Masonry and masonry from field, Phase I
Immediately naked on the rock is where a masonry of the field and quarry stone. On the south and north side this base area is approximately 551.55 m above sea level a horizontal completion. At least on the south side ist dieses Mauerwerk älter als das darüber ansetzende Tuffquaderwerk IIa. Diese Abfolge ergibt sich im Zusammenhang mit Mauern im Innern. Auch an den anderen Seiten dürften sich Partien des Vorgängerbaues erhalten haben, an den beiden Giebelseiten sind sie wegen Anbauten oder Verputz nicht sichtbar; innen werden sie mit Ausnahme der Südmauer durch die breiteren Tuffquadermauern überlagert.
2. Tuffquadermauerwerk, Phase IIa
Über der Sockelzone setzt ein 11.90 m hohes Mauerwerk fort, das aus z.T. mächtigen gesägten Tuffquadern von bis zu 40–55x125 cm besteht. Die Mauern weisen nun unterschiedliche Stärken auf: im Süden entspricht sie der älteren Sockelzone (1.16 m), während sie auf the three attack sites up to 2.50 meters. The blocks are in nearly horizontal layers bound together enough so that the joint strength is only about 1.5 cm. This is probably a two shell walls as in the same city wall built, where was a partial collapse of a wall cast in layers of silica core Bollen revealed.
Collapsed ramparts 1918th Archive recording. Clearly visible is the layer-cast wall core, which was behind the downed Tuffquadern to light.
Kraggebälk to a "Hurd" (walkway):
stuck over the top Tuffquaderlage sawed-off Former cantilever beam in the wall. On the west, north and east are the cantilever at a distance of about 90-100 cm down. Their cross-section is an average of 19x29 cm. On the south side were evident in almost twice as great distance, only four beam ends. In the east and west walls each case only the central beam is perpendicular to the wall, the others are wide against the Ecksticher laid. Comparative examples we find in God love TG, Clugin GR (battlements of the ruin Cagliatscha dendrodatiert, 1265) and Castle Wartensee, Rorschacherberg SG (clerestory, dendrodatiert 1243). The cantilevered beams were supported by Bughölzer resting on an angle into the Tuffquader carved supports (four on the north wall, three each at the two short sides, and in every corner of a). A canopy of military gear could not be identified solely on access gates, two beam holes were present that could come from individual Schutzdächlein. The cantilevers were probably the beginning of the 17th Century sawed off flush with wall when the tower and the whole castle was given a new plaster.
third Pietra rasa masonry, Phase IIb About the 2nd
Floor is where a Pietra rasa masonry. His strength here is only 97-120 cm. Mortars and plasters are like those of the lower zones of conspicuous brownish color and can be in their composition do not differ from each other. The plaster of Tuffmauerwerks moved seamlessly across the border between IIa and IIb. Moreover, as noted in the blocks were no signs of weathering, one must assume that the two wall sections belonging to the same construction phase and that the tower was always plastered.
the bearing joints along in the wet plaster trowel horizontal lines were drawn, which were subsequently adopted by a red color. This wall art was in the 13th Century im Alpenraum verbreitet, wir finden sie auch an den ältesten Gebäudeteilen der Ruine Gräpplang (dendrodatiert 1203/1207, Kellenstriche stellenweise ebenfalls rot gefasst). Mauerkanten, Fenster- und Türgewände sind aus Tuff. An einigen Fenstergewänden der Südwand haftete noch der ursprüngliche bräunliche Verputz mit Spuren einer etwa 10 cm breiten, rot gemalten Einfassung.
Das Pietra-rasa Mauerwerk endet horizontal auf der Höhe der beiden liegenden Scharten (Südfassade). Der Verputz zieht nach innen und weist eine deutliche Brandrötung auf. Hier muss ein Dach oder ein hölzerner Aufbau durch Brand zerstört worden sein. Spuren dieses Brandes sind auch im Innern deutlich zu sehen.
4. Mischmauerwerk aus Bruchsteinen und Tuff mit Zinnenabschluss, Phase IIIa
Über der brandgeröteten Grenze setzt ein Mauerwerk aus Kieselbollen und Tuffbrocken an. Es reicht bis zur Traufe des bestehenden Daches hinauf und schliesst mit einem Zinnenkranz ab. Der Mauermörtel unterscheidet sich hier deutlich von jenem der unteren Geschosse. Er ist kiesig und von grau-bräunlicher Farbe. Wie beim Pietra-rasa Mauerwerk sind auch hier alle Mauerkanten mit Tuffquadern ausgebildet. Im Innern zeichnet sich ein flach geneigtes, Nord-Süd gerichtetes Satteldach ab, das vom Zinnenkranz überragt was. The roof itself, as shown in the mortar to Negative eaves sides, with about 1cm thick wood shingles were covered. The connection of the roof to the perimeter was with projecting slabs of red slate ("Melserplatten") protected from rain water. It is not a stone roof, was adopted as before.
at both eaves sides find themselves square openings, which probably was derived from outside the rain water through spout to.
The Peaks conclusion was probably more a status symbol as a military technical reasons: a military response was not present and the roof ridge towered above the battlements gap even by a few cm. Other hand, offered the mantle wall protection against storm and wind, as elsewhere be explicitly mentioned in contemporary building report will say: "dy maur on Haubsloss umb ain little Höcher make alain dy roofs, the last overcomes Cain gantz" (note on a project drawing of 1520 for the Castle Tarasp).
At a later stage (IIIb) was replaced by a gable roof, the east-west oriented pocket roof. The rainwater flowed now has two equal inward sloping roof surfaces in a center channel from which it may have been led into a collection tank. Unlike the older gable roof, the roof-wall connections this time sealed with a mortar collar, whose bases are also Negative emerge from thin wood shingles. The shingles had a thickness of 0.5-1 cm and a width of 28-30 cm. At least on the north side where the roof gave up a little higher, the battlements were now closed, for the horizontal mortar collar draws here on the Peaks-walling. That the north battlements were not closed simultaneously with the other three sides and that is reflected in the difference of the wall material, for here no hollow bricks were used as filler material (yes, the roof had continued to be made shingles!).
5th Hipped or gabled roof above the battlements, Phase IV
well in 14th Century, was placed on the battlements a roof. Since all four Tower corners radicals or negatives were detected by eave purlins corner joints, it seems to have traded a hipped roof, were taken from which six pairs of rafters in the now existing design. They have the upper third horizontal, slightly inclined inwards cuts for a throat beams, which had to be removed during installation of the younger See. The old roof was therefore a bit steeper, without beams, collar beam roof, as we have numerous buildings of the 13th and 14 Century know. In 1472 was placed under the old roof, a standing chair with purlins and first column (the trees were felled for these supports 1468/69 and 1471/72). Presumably
only in this phase of the gaps in the battlements west, south and east side were bricked up.
6th Gable walls and hipped roof, Phase V
The masonry consists of two gable ends of sharp-edged Malmkalkbruchsteinen and is identical to that of the Palas-renewal of 1506-10. The mortar, however, differs so clear that we had excluded from our study of 1969 a simultaneity of the two components. Since the dendro-analysis of 1998 we know that the Confederates after the takeover of the castle in 1483 first went to the repair of the tower. His condition may have been particularly dire because the inside all the joists had almost completely be renewed. It started around 1491 with the repair of the roof (sill above the battlements, and some fret bars), and with the advent of new joists are likely to shell of its 1505/06 financial statements have found. Only after the reconstruction of the palace collapsed in 1460 (construction data from 1506 to 1510) was undertaken.
formal agreement with the palace, and the results of construction of the dendro-examination to refute the current dating of the tower roof in the years 1607-08. Probably remained the gable walls without plaster temporarily, until the whole castle - probably in 1608 under Governor Martin Epp, of which it is stated that he had the "lock erneweren can" - got a white plaster.
0 comments:
Post a Comment